Malawi Sponsored Children Receive Food, Plastic Tarps,
Mosquito Nets & Kitchen Supplies
Malawi Children of Promise Director Rev. Emmanuel Masamba is pleased to distribute much needed disaster relief to these sponsored children.
COP Families Left with So Little
Mwandida and her grandmother can hardly imagine the loss of their home.
$25,267 Given to Assist Malawi
COP Children, More Relief Needed
as Rains Continue
Today, Children of Promise has received $22,767 with a promise of an additional $2,500, bringing the total raised to $25,267. Thank you sponsors and friends of Children of Promise! We cannot say thank you enough!
Children of Promise (USA) has wired a total of $16,480.00 directly to COP Malawi as of February 5, 2015. The following first needs have been with the initial funds wired, and they are:
Of great concern to all are the conditions of the homes. Building will begin very soon. We will post updates here.
- Food for 102 COP Families - nsima (high nutritional grain), maize, corn flour and beans, staples in the Malawi
- Rain Protection - plastic tarps to serve as an additional layer of protection on leaking roofs
- Health Protection - mosquito nets, blankets and reed sleeping mats
- Home Necessities - plastic pails, plastic plates and cups, and other essentials
- Education - notebooks and pens, umbrellas (for the walk to school)
- 21 homes need to be rebuilt completely.
- Assessments of houses continues as rain is causing more houses to collapse.
Will you help in the rebuilding effort and other ongoing needs the children have before the next harvest?
- Use a CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD online: DONATE NOW (Write "Malawi Disaster Relief" in the comment section.)
- Mail a CHECK to Children of Promise, PO Box 2316, Anderson, IN 46018. (Write "Malawi Disaster Relief" on the note line of the check.)
Please pray and ask your church to pray. Thank you for joining us in carrying out one of our major functions of the ministry of Children of Promise: Rescue & Restore.
Dr. Paul Maxfield, Executive Director
Donations received by Children of Promise beyond the level of need in Malawi will be designated for future emergency and disaster needs and held in the COP Emergency Fund.